!!!Problems with MSI MS-6168!!! please use AMI BIOS only

Area for international users

Moderátoři: ps47, Vykupitel

Thrakath
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od Thrakath »

which adapter have u used to run teh tualatin? maybe its communication error...Cant u enable L1 + L2 in Bios Setup? Did u measure the Vcore?
DOC_ZENITH/XAN

Příspěvek od DOC_ZENITH/XAN »

It is old modified adapter, originally for PPGA, than moded for FCPGA Coppermine CPU and than moded for Tualatin, but this is not the problem. I have tested my Tualain in many mainboards, BX / ZX based, VIA based, I820 based, everything OK. CPU 100% stable at 1.5ghz(2.1v). And L1 +L2 cache runs fine. But on this board, it is problem. Vcore doesnt matter at all.
Simply the cache is enabled in bios, but nothing happens, the same result as disabled. I suspect the bios can enable the cache only if it detects the cpu correctly. And the Tualatin microcode is not supported in this bios. But most of the desktop MB can still enable the cache, but not this one, it is based on BX chipset, BX is Tualatin compactible, so, it is SW problem, bios problem, so, I have to try other bioses.
Thrakath
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od Thrakath »

hmm sounds like the board needs a microcode update. perhaps hony is able to do this. would be great if a tualatin would work on the board. how did u mod this adapter?
Thrakath
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od Thrakath »

No Microcode update required to run Tualerons. Ps47 and Hony: DONT flash Bios is send u...simply doesn´t work. I bought a 1,3 Ghz Tualatin Celeron and modified a Msi6905 Slot1 adapter as described here :

http://www.hta-bi.bfh.ch/~rufem1/pc/tualatin2.html

It´s running fast and reliable, the Vcore on the slotket has to be set to 1,55V. 1,5V is unstable on my Board.

Obrázek

I am using the 1.3 Msi Bios and still runs ;-) here u can see the post screen with wrong data: Obrázek

154Mhz FSB and 1293Mhz...but CPUZ states the correct speed (13x100)and enabled L1 and L2 Cache. @XAN: try using the 1.3 Msi bios too..its much newer...

Questions, suggestions?
greetings Tobi
Thrakath
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od Thrakath »

Hi Hony, ps47 and friends!

Especially Hony:-)

Can you look (write) me which capacitors u replaced on your Board with their specs? Mine is getting unstable more and more and i think i will have to replace the caps.the reason for my please is that it is at the moment a big effort to look it up on my board, because its built into the back of a cupboard now ;-) and i will only take it out when i have all i need.

Thanx a lot
Tobi
-HoNY-
Certifikovaný nVidiot
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od -HoNY- »

I change, vcore capacitors (near slot1) to Sanyo WG 2200/6,3V. System looks work fine.
Hlupáci kradou peníze, nVidioti myšlenky.
Thrakath
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od Thrakath »

Thank you!

I will buy and try!

Thx again Tobi
Thrakath
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od Thrakath »

Hey friends!

I bought those caps and replaced them. Replaced all 1000µF ones and all the Caps around the CPU Slot.

Before the exchange, the PC crashed every time while running the second demo loop of 3DMark2000. Now it runs since one hour without one crash.

Thx again Hony
Thrakath
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od Thrakath »

...but i have to tell you that its still unstable. Ran Prime95 (CPU Test) for 3hours without crash. But it crashes after 3D application (about 20min). Maybe there are also bad caps for the voltage regulation of the v3? You know which they are?It can not be one of the bigger caps, because i replaced them too...

Any hint for this?

PIC: Red circles the Caps i changed...Blue candidates ;-)

Obrázek
-HoNY-
Certifikovaný nVidiot
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od -HoNY- »

Do you use low-ESR capacitors?
More information abou this on: http://www.badcaps.net/forum/, + FAQ
Hlupáci kradou peníze, nVidioti myšlenky.
Odpovědět